1. All information in whichever language version contained in this StudyinHongKong Website (“this Website”) is for reference only(“Information”). Information relating to the institutions and their programmes is supplied by the participating institutions. You are advised to obtain the latest information from the relevant institutions direct.
2. The Information is provided on an “as is” basis. The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“the Government”) makes no warranties, representations and statements (whether express or implied) of any kind in relation to the Information, including any warranties, representations and statements in respect of the accuracy, completeness, reliability, suitability, timeliness and fitness for a particular purpose of the Information. Any reliance you place on the Information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no circumstances shall the Information (or any part thereof) be regarded as professional advice (whether legal or otherwise; and whether general or specific) or a substitute for such.
3. The Government shall not in any circumstances or in any way be liable to you or any other person (including any individual or body of persons, corporate or unincorporated) for any loss or damage (including direct, consequential, indirect, incidental and special loss/damage) whatsoever arising out of or in connection with this Website or the Information, the use or reliance thereof, or the inability to use thereof.
4. This Website is linked to sites provided by the participating institutions. The Information provided by these sites linked to this Website shall not be taken as being approved or endorsed by the Government and the Government accepts no responsibility or liability (howsoever caused) for such information. The Government does not have control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
5. The Government may delete, edit the Information or add other information to this Website, or may suspend or terminate this Website at any time at its discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. The Government takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond the Government’s control.
6. Users are responsible for making their own assessment of the Information and the Information available through this Website. Users are advised to verify the Information and the Information available through this Website (for example, by making reference to their original publications) and, if considered necessary, obtain independent professional advice (including professional legal advice) before acting on any of it.
7. By accessing this Website or any of its webpages, you unconditionally agree to the terms of this Intellectual Property (IP) Right Notice and as they may be modified and/or supplemented from time to time by the Government without prior notice to you. Please check this Website regularly for any modifications and/or supplements which may be made.
8. Unless otherwise indicated, the contents found on this Website are subject to IP right owned by the Government.
9. Prior written consent of the Government is required if you intend to reproduce, adapt, make available to the public, distribute or otherwise use any non-text contents (including but not limited to photographs, graphics, drawings and diagrams) found on this Website in any way or for any purpose. Such requests for consent shall be addressed to this Website’s administrator via email at email@example.com.
10. Where third party IP right is involved in the non-text contents found on this Website, authorization or permission to reproduce, adapt, make available to the public or distribute or otherwise use any such non-text contents must be obtained from the IP right owners concerned.
11. Where third party IP right is involved in the text contents found on this Website (including but not limited to the brief introduction and programme lists of higher education institutions in Hong Kong and the Student Voices), authorisation or permission to reproduce, adapt, make available to the public or distribute or otherwise use any such text contents must be obtained from the IP right owners concerned.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, if you intend to reproduce, adapt, make available to the public, distribute or otherwise use any contents on any websites linked to this Website, you shall obtain all necessary authorisation or permission from the IP right owners concerned.
13. Not all Information is provided in all 9 language versions, i.e. English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French, German, Russian,Spanish and Indonesian. Some is provided in English and Chinese only.
14. The Government does not guarantee the accuracy of the translation of the Information in languages other than English and Chinese. If there is any inconsistency among versions in different languages, the English version shall prevail.
15. Owing to the time required for arranging translation, most up-to-date information is provided in the English and Chinese versions.