Skip to content

Work in Hong Kong

Hong Kong is a place full of opportunities, be it for advancing up your career ladder or realizing your dream. We are sure you will earn valuable work experience if you decide to stay in Hong Kong for work after graduation, especially if you are determined to tap on the market of the Mainland of China, the world’s fastest economy, in future.

To attract and retain talents so as to strengthen Hong Kong’s competitiveness and long term economic development, we welcome our non-local students to stay here after graduation. We have put in place a favorable policy, called the Immigration Arrangement for Non-local Graduates (IANG) for non-local fresh graduates to stay in Hong Kong for 12 months after graduation without any restrictions to seek jobs. If you are interested to learn more about the policy, please click here.

Help and Advice
For more specific advice on your development after graduation, you may consult the Careers and Placement Office of your institution for assistance. Besides, you can obtain comprehensive employment information from the Labour Department of the HKSAR Government, including employment legislation, employee rights and benefits, as well as job vacancies, etc.

Youth Employment Start (Y.E.S.) (administered by the Labour Department) provides one-stop advisory and support services on employment and self-employment to youngsters aged between 15 and 29. It provides support to young people to start their career on right track, enhance their employability, facilitate them to access the latest labour market information and help them secure a firm footing in the labour market for sustainable development. You may wish to visit its website for more details.

To obtain more information on employment, please visit the page “Employment” on the landing page of our website.