Entry of Dependants of Non-local Students

Under the prevailing dependant policy, non-local students admitted for study in full-time undergraduate or post-graduate local programmes in local degree-awarding institutions may apply to bring in their spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 to the HKSAR. Under the existing policy, while dependants whose sponsors have been admitted into the HKSAR for study may take up study in the HKSAR, they are prohibited from taking up employment in the HKSAR unless they have obtained prior permission from the Director of Immigration.

Of course, the non-local students and their dependants must fulfill all immigration requirements. If you wish to learn more about the policy, you can obtain information from the Immigration Department’s website.